Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Memories

It's my favorite time of year. I absolutely love the holidays. And no, its not about the gifts (although...I do love presents :) ), it's about the traditions. I am blessed to have been able to grow up in a home where holiday traditions are the heart and soul of the season.

Christmas cookies, new PJs on Christmas Eve, Cinnamon Buns and muffins on Christmas morning, yankee swaps...etc...These are all traditions that I have come accustomed too, and look forward to every year. I would be lying if I did not say, this year I am slightly sad...I am only getting older...and it is getting harder to be that same little girl who would stay up all night, only to run down the stairs the next morning to the delight of a big mound of presents. But it never was about the presents that got me excited. It was the time spent with my family...the time together Christmas morning...that I hold so sacred. The good news is, that I will carry on these traditions in my own home, and for my children one day. There is no place I would rather be, than with my family on Christmas morning. Christmas is magical--buying things that you really don't need, but have always wanted. I was spoiled as a kid, (and still am), when it comes to gifts at Christmas----because to my parents, the look on my face of pure happiness....was and is worth every penny spent. I know for certain I will feel the same way with my own children...and will spoil them the best I can!

Looking back at Christmas pictures---makes me so happy...here is look down memory lane!
Christmas 2009!
Christmas 2007!
Brad and I's first Gingerbread house!

Tomorrow marks the 25 day countdown, and I could not be happier! This is such a special time of year....enjoy it! Time spent with each other is so precious! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment