Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Recap and Thanksgiving Burgers!

Happy Thanksgiving week!...Gotta love a short work week!...First to catch up on my weekend adventures. On Friday Night I went to dinner with Friends at Patriots Place....very yummy and a good time. On Saturday morning, Brad and I were out an about early, because we had an appointment to look over our wedding photo album!...I am really excited, it is going to look amazing! Before our appointment, I whipped up a quick breakfast, eggs and cranberry toast. Lately I have been addicted to cranberry everything! This past weekend marked Brad and I's engagement anniversary. In order to celebrate, we made reservations at Mistral in Boston. We have not been out to dinner, just the 2 of us since the honeymoon really, so it was nice to finally get to do that....not to mention....that the food was OUTSTANDING. I had the Dover Sole, with spinach, onions, capers and roasted potatoes. Brad had Beef with whipped potatoes and asparagus. When it came time for dessert, we could not decide. We were down to a warm apple croustade and the chocolate torte. Typically, when I think of a torte, I think of a fudge like, dense cake. When we asked the waitress to describe the torte, she said it was warm, gooey and full of chocolate. We were sold instantly. It was the BEST chocolate "molten" like cake we have ever had.

I also was able to gather my ingredients for a Thanksgiving dessert. When I think of Turkey day dessert, Pie is usually what pops into mind first. However, I am not in love with pie. Besides that fact, everyone brings pie, many of whom have been making their specialty pie for decades. I am only 23...and not a seasonsed pie maker. That's why I decided to make something inspired by the ace of cakes. I will document the making and post it after thanksgiving.

Speaking before of being obsessed with Cranberries, last week for dinner I made cranberry turkey burgers! I paired the burgers with roasted cauliflower and warm toasted cranberry bread! It was so good! The recipe is quite simple...

Thanksgiving Burgers:
-Ground Turkey
-Pepper
-Pinch of salt
-Dried Cranberries --As many or as little as you like!
-1 egg/and or egg white
-Chopped fresh breadcrumbs
-Motezerlla (1/4 cupped shredded)

In a bowl combine all those ingredients, and form your patties!...Grill them up, and warm up your bread and your finished! I paired it with Roasted Cauliflower. Place tin foil on a baking sheet. Next pull apart your cauliflower head, and spread the minis on the tin foil. Drizzle some OO around the cauliflower, making sure the pieces get coated. Pepper, pinch of salt, and sprinkle fresh breadcrumbs on top. Bake at 350 for about 20ish minutes. It was delicious!! They came out, perfectly cooked....not too soft, not too hard.

Brad and I also made 2 kinds of pizza last week. Pita pizza and real pizza!...I blogged about the pita pizza recipe last week, but here is the picture that I promised of the finished product!

We also made "real pizza."Mamma Mia's" thin crust ready made pizza dough is our favorite! I bought some new organic, Tomato and Basil tomato sauce (low in sugar, sodium) to spread on my pie first. I loaded my pizza up with peppers and onions. For the cheese, I use a blend of laughing cow babel cheese, feta and a little Italian blend. For brads pizza, he used fresh cut pepperoni, spinach, onions and peppers. He also used mozzarella and Italian cheeses. Here is a picture of Brads pizza. It was so delicious. I love homemade pizza so much better than takeout. It is less greasy, and I have the power to pack on more vegetables. This pizza only takes 30 minutes to create...the same amount of time that it takes to call and order takeout. We cook our pizzas on a Mario Batali pizza pan. The pizza comes out sizzling.....not to mention the kitchen smells of Italian goodness!

Have a great beginning to this Holiday week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment