Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eggs In a Basket?

What a storm it was last night! We woke up to our grill blown over on it's side!!

Any-who.....Happy Tuesday Afternoon!...It's only Tuesday and this week has been so hectic already!..After our grill was restored to an upright position....I decided it was time to dig into our carton of 20 plus eggs and create a yummy breakfast. I made Eggs in a Basket....a classic childhood favorite!...however I quickly discovered...after numerous shifty eye glances from Brad...that he has never had eggs in a basket! I was stunned!...Brad proceeded to ask if it was a Greek thing. Gotta love his sarcasm. Essentially eggs in a basket is inside out french toast. To start take 2 slices of bread and cut out a whole in the middle...about the size of a quarter! Make sure to save the extra piece of circular bread. Next butter up your bread and place on a medium heated griddle. Toast the bread slightly on both sides. Next crack an egg into the middle of hole in your bread. Let it cook, flipping the bread once..to make sure it cooks on both sides....and your done!!...While the egg is cooking...you can take that tini piece of extra bread..and place it on the griddle for a minute or 2. Some like to eat their eggs in a basket with maple syrup...and others like it plain. Needless to say, I will be making this meal again for Brad...he was very happy!

Brad and I are hosting a mini get together with our family this Saturday Night! It is the first real get together at our home...and we are scrambling to get everything unpacked, cleaned and looking it's best! Last night Brad finished putting up the curtains in the bedroom and hung a couple pictures in the Kitchen. I painted an old white accent table Black for the living room, and started on "antiquing" our kitchen furniture. It was hectic starting that whole process. We mixed our black paint with water and lightly brushed it on our practice bench. It appeared thick at first, so Brad suggested wiping it lightly with a paper towel. Surprisingly... it seemed as though it was in fact working. The color green crackled through the black to give it an old, battered, antique appearance. Of course, lighting in our home has been an issue latley...so I could barley see where I was painting (not recommended)!! That was until Brad grabbed his mega flashlight for me!

I ended my evening by watching Decision Points on NBC by myself (B was asleep next to me)...not really the type of show that Brad enjoys...but he was a trooper for letting me watch it!

Tonight seems like it is going to be an even busier night...no time to cook dinner either...darn...(although a night off from dishes isn't so bad! ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment