Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pita Pizza and Thanksgiving Themed Food!

And I'm Back!...What a crazy week it's been....Good thing tomorrow is Friday! I have some pictures that I have been meaning to post....I will have them for tomorrow.

On Tuesday, I made Pita Pizzas for Brad and I. We both love pizza, but having pizza every night is unrealistic...and take out pizza is not that healthy for you. Well, I have found a great solution. You start with a couple organic, whole wheat pita pockets. Next, take out a baking tray, lined with foil, and place the pita pockets on top. Meanwhile, begin to heat up some tomato sauce on the stove. In another pan, saute your veggies....(use whatever veggies you like). I used green peppers, onions, corn, spinach and tomatoes. If you don't have a nice healthy variety of shredded cheese, take whatever whole cheese you do have...and blend it in a mini chop. Brad and I just so happen to have lots of left over cheese from our party, so I grind-ed up the cheeses in my mini chop for the toppings.

Okay time to assemble your pizzas. Brush lightly, each pita pocket with a little OO. Next, on one pocket, spread a little of your tomato sauce around and pile on some of your shredded cheese and a little spinach. One another pita, layer on your veggies and sprinkle cheese over. And lastly, on the final pocket, layer tomatoes, spinach and feta (Greek style)! ....Put in the oven at 350 degrees..and bake for about 10-12 minutes. And your done!...the pita should come out crispy and the cheese all melted...like a real pizza.....but super healthy for you!

I have pictures of the final product...and will post them soon!

Ah, ONE week until Thanksgiving. I am psyched!...Can't wait to kick of the holidays....not to mention...BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!....I have a new store obsession...Jack Wills....just in case anyone is wondering what to get me ;) ...I have drummed up a new dessert to make for thanksgiving...and I am pretty excited about this one...if I can pull it off...it is going to impress!

Yesterday, I had B.Good for dinner....and it was Oh.so.good!...best veggie burger by far...and I have had my share of veggie burgers!...It was so good..that I am craving another burger tonight....and because it is so close to Thanksgiving....I decided tonight... I am making a Thanksgiving burger!..I will post pictures and recipe tomorrow! And sticking yet again to the Holiday season themed food...Brad and I split one of the last caramel apples of season last night....loaded with dried cranberries.......it was too good to be true!

No comments:

Post a Comment