Friday, November 5, 2010

Entertaining is hard work!

It's FRIDAY...and a rainy friday at that, but friday nonetheless! It has been quite the week!...I can't tell if it's the rain, work or life in general...but I am so tired today!...Tonight I am heading into Beantown to relax....a big glass of cold Pino is calling my name!

Last night was a busy night in the Jansson Household. 4 loads of laundry, cleaning, unpacking, organizing, painting and 2 DVR shows later...my head hit the pillow hard!...Night after Night, I have noticed a continuous pattern in my life. I spend more time cleaning dishes and pans than I do doing anything else...probably why I was so far behind on my laundry! Martha Stewart states on her pans when you purchase them that in order for the shine to last, you must hand wash them. I took this challenge head on, but now its just flat out annoying. I highly doubt Martha is hand washing all of her pots and pans, actually I am quite sure that she has assistants to do that for her. But I am stubborn and refuse to give in...so for now I will continue to spend my nights hunched over the kitchen sink....washing away!

When we first moved into our home, we purchased 2 wooden stools from the unfinished furniture store. We have had the intention for the last 2 months to paint them black, and we finally did so last night!

Before!

After!


They look great with only one coat! We can't decide if we want to paint on another coat or not. Part of the reason being, we are going to "brush" paint black over our green kitchen furniture. We are hoping to achieve an "antique look." If we can pull off what I have pictured in my head, it is going to look great....but for now..."To be Continued..."

Our party is next weekend....so in other words....no relaxing for us this weekend! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment