Monday, November 15, 2010

Party Recap and Thanksgiving!

Why does the weather always have to be so gloomy on a Monday...isn't that fact that it's MONDAY....bad enough?

I am dead tired...and waking up early this morning to get to the office at 7 A.M did not help! My weekend was packed! It started off Friday night with a trip to Patriots place after work! I dined at Travelino...which was really good! After dinner, I spent some time shopping for last minute party items. I woke up early Saturday to finish the rest of my errands. Even though our house is kept pretty much spotless during the week (how messy can things get with only 2 ppl---that's what I try to tell myself anyways)--but my family was coming over, many whom have not seen our place yet, so I wanted to make sure it was extra clean. Brad spent his time out racking leaves and landscaping. I spent my time inside cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming stairs and washing floors. It was exhausting. Finally 5 O'clock rolled around and the first early arrivals were at my front door. Of course I expected my grandparents to arrive early. If you tell them a particular time, they will make sure to arrive one hour before. Gotta love that generation.

The party, in my opinion, went off without a hitch!...It was fun to see where in the house that people gathered. Every home always has that one "gathering spot." Ours was the kitchen and our front living room. The wine was flowing, along with the conversation--which usually means that everyone was enjoying themselves. I used some of our wedding name stands to help decorate the tables. I loved being able to reuse items from our wedding! It adds a touch of class! Brad and I even received some wonderful house warming presents...mostly Christmas decoration related. I was pumped!...I am slowly starting to collect my Holiday decorations...which I will need to get ready after Thanksgiving......just in time for our next party!

After the shin dig was over, I grabbed a leftover dessert and put my feet up. It was so nice to relax and reflect on the night. I thought of some things that I am going to change for our next get together.....such as the locations of food and drinks. It's going to be my goal to spread people out more. But overall, Brad and I had a blast, and we hope that our guests did too!

This upcoming weekend marks Brad and I's engagement anniversary. How crazy that it has been a year since we got engaged and then married! Last Thanksgiving I surprised my family with the big news! It was such a special time. This Thanksgiving is going to be more low-key, considering we are married, with no major announcements in sight!..I am looking forward to kicking back and relaxing!......I am trying to decide what to make for a really good Thanksgiving dessert....Any suggestions?...I want to try something different...Maple walnut pie, Pumpkin Bread Pudding, Apple Cranberry walnut pie??....all appealing choices....which I will have to practice beforehand.

Last night, we went out to dinner and movie! Wicked Pizza, which also has a location in Mashpee, MA, opened at Legacy place. They have great individual sized pizzas.....I tried the vegetable goat cheese...really good!

Brad and I are planning a date night this weekend for just the 2 of us. It seems like it has been forever since we have gone on a "date." I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment