Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Decorating Tips!

Holy Patriots/Jets Monday!...I was at Patriots Place early this morning in Foxboro, and the security and hype was intense! I had to be checked in by security....this game is going to be a battle!...Not to mention a duel between the 2 best looking quarterbacks in the league! (Wahoo!)

I cannot believe Christmas is in 3 weeks! The month of December always goes by so quickly!....The bitter cold this morning was a lot to swallow. It was a friendly reminder of how excited I am for my family's upcoming trip to Florida at the end of the month!

Our house is looking more "Holiday" friendly everyday. I currently have very little holiday decorating items (although I know it will grow as the years go by)...So i decided to swing by some cheaper stores to pick some things up. One thing, when you buy from these stores, is that....you do not always get the most attractive pieces. For example, there was a really cute table centerpiece item. It was a candle holder with holly and greens....but it looked kind of sad, and needed some serious help (it was also 6 bucks)...so I decided to purchase it and spruce it up on my own to make it "Pottery Barn" ready! I removed some holiday holly/red berries and greens from some already purchased garland...(I didn't need them all on that particlar garland) and added it to my centerpiece. 30 minutes later...and my kitchen floor covered in berries and sparkles...I was finished.............and it looks great! I also added an already purchased green candle to the center!

I think the main message here is that....you do not always need to spend pottery barn money to get a great holiday decoration. Using items that you already have in the house and getting a little crafty....can not only save you money....but its fun too! Tea light candles completed my centerpiece. Brad came home from work that day to a very dim lit holiday dinner!

Stay warm today!

No comments:

Post a Comment