Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Recap and Curtain Solutions!

Wow what a great Halloween weekend! I hope everyone had fun, I know I did!..Speaking of what went down this Halloween....I spent my weekend in the greatest city of all....BOSTON!...Now Halloween candy is no doubt...very delicious...but what is even more yummy...is all the amazing food being cooked up in several Boston Restaurants. On Saturday night, Brad, myself and my brother went to the restaurant, Paramount, before our big Halloween party at the Liberty Hotel. We all got burgers (mine was the veggie Black Bean Burger!)...and split a bottle of pino grigo wine. The burgers were amazing! One of the best I've had in Boston! And because my passion does not solely rely on food....the decor of the restaurant was spot on. It was quaint and cozy. Miniature tea lights accompanied the small restaurant's cafe mood and the staff was friendly and attentive. Paramount is the ideal date spot!...Needless to say we had an fantastic night out full of friends, laughs, Halloween punch and various celebrity sightings such as...lady gaga, tiger woods, little red riding hood, dancing with the stars (That was Brad and I's costume) and a Facebook status!

The next morning my Brother and I ventured to Clink, a seek, chic restaurant at the Liberty Hotel. We were starving...........endless cups of Halloween punch will do that to you! My Brother got French Toast served with warm maple syrup, a raisin/date compote and crispy Bacon (in the picture!) and I ordered creamy scrambled eggs served in a mini cast iron pot with a side of multi-grain toast and a gigantic bowl of fresh berries! It was a great, well-deserved breakfast that I highly recommend you try if you are in the city!

.....In 2 weeks, Brad and I will be hosting our first party in our new home. It is scary but exciting at the same time. We are keeping the guest number on the small side. I love to entertain, so I consider this party to be somewhat of a "soft opening" (restaurant lingo) for us. Many of my close relatives have not seen our new home yet, so this party is really for them to finally take a peek inside. The theme of our party is of course, "Wine." Brad and I are going to set up various bottles of White Wine on our kitchen island, and do a blind tasting for my guests. Only Brad and I will know the true identity of the brands of wine. At the end of the night, if one of our guests enjoys a certain glass of wine over another, they will receive pre-printed information cards from us on the wine they enjoyed the best as they exit. I do not have our food menu down on paper yet, but I am thinking it will consist of small finger foods and sandwiches.....But food is the least of my worries!...Brad and I only have 2 weeks left to get the house in order. We are still in the process of unpacking, painting and decorating. My goal is to finish all of our painting and decorating before our party...which means we have so much work to accomplish this week and next.

One small, but expensive decorating task that I have been putting off our "Curtains"...(insert loud, scary music)...dun, dun, dun! I dislike curtain shopping, but it is something, that when completed...makes a room look that much better. Last night, Brad and I put up our bedroom curtains which look amazing. I have the before and after pictures below!

Before!


After!


These curtains were a great price and fairly easy to put up! It truly gives our bedroom that much more of an elegant touch! I will be posting more before and after pictures of our progress this week in getting the house ready for our first get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment