Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Game Night Stir-Fry!

AH Happy Hump Day!...mid way through the week..rolling towards the weekend! I really look forward to the weekend...where cooking, eating, and life does not seem on fast forward. I always feel pressed for time during the week...and constantly looking to hurry up and cook something fast. Speaking of pressed...Brad and I have found a really great new weeknight dinner that we can make quickly...and is extremely yummy! Pressed Pannis!...When ingredients are lacking, and we are hungry...a pressed panni is the perfect tasty solution. You can put whatever you like into your panni as well. Now, Brad and I own a panni press, which WE LOVE!...If you don't have a panni press, don't worry...a griddle, pan, etc...can be used..it just wont give it that "pressed" look and taste.

Brad made a "BTSM"....Bacon, Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella Panni...paired with a simple green side salad (shown in the photo). He put it on thick whole wheat bread. We used a little butter on the bread to prevent sticking...and to give it a nice grill up effect. I made a "TBVC"...Turkey Bacon, Veggies, and Cheddar cheese Panni. I sauteed, onions, pepper and the turkey bacon in a pan. I took out oatmeal bread and spread a little butter on it....and placed it on the panni press grill. Once my veggies were sauteed, I placed them on top of the bread and put the cheese on top. They both came out so delicious!...and the great part was, prep is about 15ish minutes, and cooking time is about 10 for both!...really quick, and really tasty!

Speaking of another great, quick and easy weeknight meal....last night...the Big Celtic home opener was on...which meant...Brad was in no mood to linger in the kitchen. So in order to make a quick, yummy and filling dinner...I took ground turkey and sauteed it in a pan with a little OO. After about 5 minutes...I tipped the pan over to its side to get rid of the excess fat...so that the turkey cooks up crisp. Meanwhile, I cut up some onions and peppers. I threw those in the pan with the turkey...and seasoned everything with pepper, salt and a little oregano. In another pot, I began to boil water, which I eventually placed a full cup of brown rice in. I prepared a small green side salad, while everything was cooking. Once everything was ready to go, I took my turkey stir fry and place it on a dinner plate, along with the rice. I took some cool feta cheese and sprinkled it over the top.


I called this dish..."Game Night Stir Fry." Its a healthy meal...unlike the original stir fry which can be filled with unnecessary sauces....and it's also a hearty meal. It filled Brad up, and he was ready to watch the game. Many guys like to accompany a big game with greasy take out food....because its quick..and has big game appeal. But women...we don't need to sacrifice anymore. With this game day stir fry...you have a quick, healthy meal ready to go for the both of you in less than 30 minutes...now that's something to cheer about!

Recipe for Game Night Stir-Fry:
-1/2 package or organic ground turkey meat
-1 onion
-2 Peppers
-Reduced Fat Crumbled Feta Cheese
-OO (Olive Oil)
-3/4 to 1 cup Brown Rice
-Butter Greens
-Grape Tomatoes
-Pepper
-Salt
-Oregano

No comments:

Post a Comment