Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Give Me a Break!


It's that time of year....the time where Halloween candy is a hot topic among foodies, bloggers, and fitness gurus. I always find it funny when the topics of "What Halloween candy is better for you to eat versus others." I was reading a fitness article online which said "Refrain from eating your tiny chocolate bars such as mini snickers, kit kats, butterfingers, etc." I almost laughed out loud. The truth is....so many of these publications and Jillian Michaels alike, get their panties in a bunch around this time of year. I am no fitness guru nor certified dietitian, but if you can't enjoy 1 mini snickers bar on Halloween, then your refusing your right to live a good life. Now, I said 1 (maybe 2)...I do not mean 10, 15, 20...that's when things can get out of control. But look...its Halloween, 1 time a year...if you want your favorite piece of candy...then go for it. Its a great night as well to take a walk outside, and check out all the funky and wacky costumes...so if you feel guilty about it...just get out there and take in the fresh air with a good walk. I will say the same about Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. Don't stress yourself out about...should I eat a piece of Pumpkin Pie or not?...EAT IT!....I might be the only blog out there telling you to do...but I mean it. If you refrain from goodies...most of the time...than its okay to indulge once in a while.

So I say...Go for the mini snickers bar...I know that I am going to go for the mini twix bars...they are just to good!

No comments:

Post a Comment