Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anyone can Stuff this Chicken!

Happy Thursday peeps! I have a slight confession to make....I cheated on my kitchen last night. Yes, Brad and I went out to dinner (his idea). We went to Legal C bar, and loaded up on yummy fish and wine. It was so relaxing, and just the thing we needed for a mid week break. We typically go out to dinner on the weekend, but going out on a wednesday was surprisingly better. Not only did it help to break up the week a bit, but the restaurant was less crowded, no wait and better service! And the best thing about it was the fact that I had no dirty dishes to clean!...My stove top which is a gas top...is becoming increasingly stressful. It gets very dirty and greasy after I am done cooking and it usually takes longer to clean than to cook! My right arm muscle is growing by the day because of the amount of effort it takes to scrub it down. I was so thankful for a night off!

When Brad and I first moved into our new home, I was anxious to start trying new recipes. The first recipe that I attempted was Mediterranean stuffed chicken! My favorite cheese, is Feta, so anytime that I can incorporate that into a dish...I am one happy girl. This is a simple dish...that comes with its own "wow" factor....which means if you are feeding guests who are not cooking savvy then you will no doubt impress them with this dish!

To start buy:
-Chicken Cutlets
-Spinach (not frozen) typically bagged in the salad aisle
-Reduced Fat crumbled feta cheese
-Olive Oil
-Orzo Pasta
-Grape tomatoes
-Pinch of pepper
-pinch of salt
-Pinch of oregano
-Grated Parmesan cheese
-Dijon mustard

Okay to start this off all you need is baking sheet lined with tin foil. While you set that up, make sure your salted water is on the stove, ready to boil. Take your chicken cutlets and rub a dash of olive oil (just a dash) over each piece. Next take a teaspoon of your mustard and spread that over your chicken cutlet as well. Then layer the top of your cutlet with spinach and feta (as much or as little as you like!). After that, start with the skinny pointed end of the chicken and begin to slowly roll it up, making sure the spinach and feta is tucked inside. Once rolled, season with salt, pepper, oregano and dash of olive oil over the top. It should look like the picture below (of me!)


Next add in your orzo to the boiling water...typically 10-12 minutes is good, but follow the instructions on the box to how you like your pasta cooked. Brad loves Al Dente, so I usually follow that time route. Now place your chicken under the broil in your stove for about 10 minutes (until chicken is lightly browned on top and cooked through). Take the Chicken out, let sit for about 1 minute and cool while you drain your orzo. Mix in grated parm cheese, grape tomatoes and little butter with the Orzo in a serving bowl...and your about done! Arrange a chicken cutlet on a plate with a serving of Orzo....and SERVE! Here is a picture of Brad with completed dish!

It was delicious! Oh and don't forget about the Wine!...a white wine goes great with this dish...because of it's light texture and cheeses!...A Pino or Riesling would be the best choices! Eat and Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment